Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birthday #58


Uh oh…it’s my birthday again! Today, Tuesday, January 29, I have become 58 years old.

“How will you celebrate your birthday”, Jacquie asks me during our Skype conversation earlier today. I don’t really know what to say. To me, I celebrate every day!

My father in law, Harvey, used to say (very often) “I’m a lucky man.” He said it whenever he spent time with any of us, especially when sharing time with the kids! He said it when we ‘permitted’ him to take us all out for dinner, or when we gathered together for the opera or theatre. He said it when he agreed to drive Josh 300 kilometers to the Phish concert, or when he got to buy Julia her first trumpet. He said it whenever he was asked to pick up one of his grandchildren from school or to babysit during weekends when Paul and I needed escaping. “I’m a lucky man.” That was definitely his mantra!

So I’m guessing it doesn’t sound too obnoxious when I say (as often as I do) “I am so blessed!”

I feel it….really! I lead an incredibly rich life. I have a most amazing large family who, although we live all over Canada and the United States, we all make effort to see each other regularly. We love and support each other, and would, without question, be there in a time of need. I never worry about not being supported by any of my children! And I feel confident that they feel the same.

I travel extensively and meaningfully. I take every opportunity to explore the world and live in different cultures with people who are so different from myself. I make friends…good friends wherever I go, and I know I am loved by them too.

I get to work for money sometimes, and at other times, I get to work for free, sharing the gifts that I have brought into this world, with others all over the planet.

I have enough money to live by, and, I have also modified my desire for ‘things’ so that I actually have everything I could ever want. I live by the idea that “I get everything I want, and, if I can’t get it, I don’t want it anymore.”

I have the love of my life…my best friend, companion, confidant, and lover. And, quite honestly, anything we do is perfect because we get to do it together.

I’m 58 today! It’s wonderful. It’s amazing. I’ll celebrate...just as I do every day…with joy. I am truly truly blessed! Thank you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment