Thursday, January 20, 2011

Back To Nature


I welcome the inspiration for meditation. This morning, on our way to Prescott from Santa Fe’ New Mexico, we detour through a National Monument, Tent Rocks, Kasha-Katuwe.

We’ve been going continuously for the past few weeks; usually stopping in big cities that inspire fast paced busy life styles. Today is a time to stop!

Walking on the trail, we encounter nary a soul. By the end of the walk we begin to hear voices. But recognize no sign of human life until we reach the parking lot to find other cars waiting for their passengers to return. Then I know we are not alone.

The hills reverberate with silence. The air, crisp and clean and fresh is a reminder to breath deeply and intentionally and fill my soul with energy. I remind myself to breath. I remind myself to connect with God’s world again. I remind myself of the miracle of our geological universe.

I consider the notion of God as artist, strategically directing the placement of each formation. Crazy looking cone shaped tent rocks, sculpted from volcanic eruptions, hide timid caves within the rocks. Layers of grey, pink and white rock along the cliff face, accentuate the intensity of God’s colours and the beauty that blesses my space.

I sit for many minutes, my eyes closed; my ears open to the silence, finding the peaceful offering. I understand what is meant by unity. I am, again, connected to the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment