Tuesday, June 2, 2015

God's Colours


We live in Paradise! Every day presents a new radiance in our lives. Sparkling evidence of Nature abounds all around me. I am healed by evidence of God’s presence.

Some times I lose sight of my connections to the natural world. Visible images remind me. The beauty around overwhelms! I am grateful for the reminder!

God’s colours inspire my morning. The green leaves solidly clinging in grey patches hang from the living branches in the woods. The silhouette against the azure sky reminds me of the symmetry of life and the ordinance of patterns that govern my days.

Solid rocks, pearl white protrude from the ground. They are heavy, strong, and smooth. There are no two rocks the same. I paint on them with brush strokes of bright pink, sparkly yellow and purple. With God’s creation and mine, we make those pearl white rocks explode with vitality.

The birds chirp. Their sounds emerge in various hues of blue as they soar in contrast to the sky. Owls release hoots of brown and tan and orange with dark strokes throughout. They respond to each other in owl song. Sometimes they perch boldly on the dark russet limbs of the trees above. At times they pretend to be red, but they don’t fool me. And I like them in their natural colours. Those are the colours that God meant them to be.
 God’s colours illuminate my garden. Bluebells, bright red roses, purple pansies and brilliant white daisies with dull orange centre cores scatter furiously, shouting out God’s message, “I’m here! I’m alive!”

And God’s colours fade as the sun sets and the moon dawns. The colours fade into one until all is grey. The night becomes clear and the colour of God’s silence encourages me to sleep.

God’s colours turn slowly to black and white as I dream. There will always be new possibilities for colouring God’s world of tomorrow.


In the meantime, I only want to remember about Paradise! We live here now!

No comments:

Post a Comment