Tuesday, April 22, 2014

The Grand Cardinal Cross and Living

Many years ago I read a great book called Healing Through the Dark Emotions by Miriam Greenspan. The most important thing that I learned from reading that book was the idea that some of us are acutely sensitive to the energies of the world and the invisible activities of the universe. The concept in the book describes people who experience grave depression and cannot explain why. This suggests that many of us intuitively pick up what is going on around us, and can’t always identify why we feel the way we do. I relate to that. I think that often, I am affected by the “cosmos”. As I become more attuned to this influence I can better understand why things happen and, perhaps, how to adjust my own behaviours accordingly.

The last 10 days has been one mess after another. On Monday of last week, I broke a front (sharp) tooth and had to ferry in to town to get it fixed before 14 people came to our yurt for a Passover dinner and seder. On Tuesday I was running from garden to kitchen and, preventing a fall, smashed my hand on the side of our wooden cabin. My 5th metacarpal bone is broken in my right hand. On Thursday my front incisor veneer cracked and, it being the Easter long weekend, I knew I had to prevent any chewing in order to keep the crack from growing until I could make my way back into town to get it fixed. On Monday we received word that our good friend, Clayton Leather, suddenly passed away in Guatemala. I don’t know. I think this was a really bad week!

I do feel like it’s improving though. Even as I write, I am on a ferry to Nanaimo to visit my dentist who is repairing my front tooth. My right hand is in a cast and, no doubt, my bone is finding its place of rest. I have plans to fix my other teeth too. I feel confident that our friend Clayton’s spirit is resting peacefully and remains with us.

So what’s really going on? The fact is, there is something really big happening astrologically right now. Four planets, Jupiter, Uranus, Mars and Pluto are all set up in such a way that they are sitting facing each other in the shape of a cross. The planets, sitting in opposite line-up, suggest opposition. If we were to connect the dots and draw a line between one point to the next at the end of each line, it would form a perfect square, made up of the four planets. That’s profound! Now, I’m just a beginner in understanding astrology, but I do understand the nature of geometry. I think of the implications of a square:

In a square, the points of the lines converge forming four 90% angles. There is obvious confrontation at the vertex, creating clear closure. In a square lines meet and create endings. You can’t go any further. There are limitations to be aware of, and blocks for on-going activity. You might find yourself ‘up against a wall’ as in needing to find alternate routes of getting to where you want to go. Decisions are many and challenging.

Edges in a square suggest the possibility of falling, as in ‘falling off an edge’. There might be danger and it’s important to be cautious as you traverse through the journey and navigate directions and work through choices.
If you’re following one of the lines of a square, there are limitations. There’s only one place to go and a clear idea of the ending. Choosing to go off the line creates unpredictability and possible danger, and the probably of not getting to where you want to go. Facing up to endings and making abrupt changes in direction is imperative.

There is pain involved with this great transition and astrologers say that the end result is new life and new hope for the future. It’s a time for making choices, and the movement of the planets reminds us of the urgency to do so. It is also a time to be very aware. I sense that things are improving. I feel it, and as I read more, I am comforted that the planets are continuing to move, creating a profound sense of transition. The rigidity of the moment will subside and the next season promises to be easier. In fact I’ve read recently that the summer promises to be bright, clear and easy! At this point in time, I’m definitely ready for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment